[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Sneezing Guinea Pig

Erin Mark erinmark at ureach.com
Mon Dec 1 16:30:09 EST 2003

Hello fellow GP fanatics,

I've been reading the GPDD for a few weeks now, and this is my
first post. I am slave to Sibbie and Dumples, both around 5
months old. I purchased both of them from a pet store in
Montreal, Canada at the end of August, and Sibbie was sick about
a week later. Fortunately, I noticed her head-tilt right away
and brought her to an exotic vet. The vet said it was probably
an ear infection, and she was put on Baytril, Metacam and
Benebac right away. This cleared up her sickness and she's been
fine ever since (although she also had babies after this! She
was pregnant when I bought her!).
  Anyway, I have some left over Benebac (active bacteria--like
yogourt) and I was thinking of giving it to my other sweetie
pie, Dumples. It's still good (not expired) and there are
several days dosage left. Does anyone know if it would be ok?
The reason I'm asking is because Dumples has the sniffles and
has been sneezing a lot. I'm pretty sure it would be safe to
give it to Dumples, because when I was giving it to Sibbie I
gave her a bit too much one day...I called the vet and she said
it was perfectly fine to give her more than the required amount,
as it's good for guinea pigs.

Hope someone can help me.
Wheeeek!!!!!!!!! [Thank you]

-Erin  //Slave to Sibbie and Dumples. Former slave to Muffin,
Sneaker and Petunia.\\