[Gpdd] Re: Announcement

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 02:16:22 EST 2003

Dear David and Beth,
I cannot believe that so soon after the passing of your little CINDER,
EVANDER HOLYPIG has made the trip across the Bridge. The sadness and loss you feel I
am sure no words could ever describe. After reading your post of his passing,
I am compelled to tell you that you did all that was humanly possible for the
little guy. There is no way to truly KNOW when one of these little bits of
heaven are sick before it is beyond the point at which a vets assistance would
be useful. What you did was what any loving parent would do for his little guy
or girl, myself included, that is get him to the vet as soon as possible. Your
holding him and feeding him as you did to get something into him was also the
right thing to do, since you know all to well that when they stop eating, it
is serious. You said you named him EVANDER HOLYPIG for the tear in  his ear.
Well I think today you can see that you gave him a name he truly deserved. A
name befitting him for his tenacious fight to stay with you. He WAS a fighter
and sometimes when you fight you DO win...and for every second he stayed with
you HE DID WIN...your love was what sustained him and it was for that he fought
for life. You said how he hated the feedings, well they KNOW when we are doing
something for their good no matter how unpleasant. It brings tears to my eyes
thinking of how you must have felt as you held him and wishing in a way the
end would come and he could be free of the pain and the hurt and at the same
time NEVER wanting to see him pass. He was a good boy and lived up to his name
and you lived up to the love he knew you had for him and I am SURE that through
his most difficult times, it was that love that sustained him. I truly
believe the most difficult part of his passing was HIS desire to stay with you, but
it is God that gave him to this world and it is God that leads him back across
the bridge. I am SURE you , as I believe in the bridge and KNOW he is now
whole again not suffering and keeping your little CINDER company. And I am SURE
he has told her how much you love them and miss them BOTH. So please accept my
deepest cna most sincere condolences on the loss of EVANDER and God keep him
close until you see him again.

Sincerely,

Joseph Petrillo, father of George the guinea pig