[Gpdd] Re: Health: Penny wheezing

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Wed Dec 3 13:32:14 EST 2003

Dawnda-
The information on wheezing out of the GP book is great.  So far we've been
lucky;
the only time I've heard anything like wheezing out of the Okie Piggies was
a few
times when CocoPuff got really worried as to where Snowy was and wheeked
loudly.
Each time he wheeked, he'd sound like he was wheezing - wheek - wheeze -
wheek -
wheeze.  When he calmed down (immediately on finding Snowy), I'd pick him up
and
listen to his breathing, etc., and he sounded fine.  He'd give me a strange
look, but
he sounded fine.  So maybe that's the stress-related wheezing it mentions.
Your mention of the fluid buildup makes me wonder, again, about Snowy.  Just
how
big should a gp be?  She's 8 months old now, and seems so wide and fat!
She's only a
month older than CocoPuff, but has always been bigger.  He just can't seem
to catch up!
I keep hoping she's with pig, but still doesn't seem to be. (do the home
pregnancy tests
work for piggies?)  They went to the local vet for a nail trim in Oct and he
pronounced
them both  healthy, but I keep wondering.  They don't popcorn and run as
much as
they did at first, but are active.  CocoPuff is definitely more fit-looking;
Snowy sometimes
just looks like a big green & white blob. (in spite of baths, she always
seems to get green
here and there on her fluffy white coat from the parsley and clover)
Does she sound like she's within the norm, or should she see an exotics vet?
Susi and the Okie Piggies
  ~Snowy & CocoPuff