[Gpdd] CARE: Vets

Mary Destatte mdstretch at tbbs.net
Wed Dec 3 19:08:39 EST 2003

Hi.  This Mary D (mom to angel and stretch)  I've been out of touch for at least a month do to a downed computer.  But I am back now.  (Yeaaaah!)  It was bad timing with the lay of the last golden poo happening during this time and angle and stretch off on their first trip alone.  I'm up to issue 75 of the GPDD so I do have some catching up to do.  I wanted to  comment on the issue of good vs not so good vets.  Some of the questions that have been list to ask your vet before allowing him/her to do surgery on you little piggie are excellent.  My vet did not even want to the surgery on stretch when I asked to nueter him.  I want a female though and my lease allows for me to have 2 piggies at a time.  (besides the fact that I do not think that I would have been able to care more than this--even though my heart is to just once have baby piggies)  I had to so not to my self and let him know how serious this needed to be done.  He recovered so quickly and is doing fantastic.  As for the oil gland I do not have the problem of his fur getting so bad since angel has moved in.  She takes care of him as he were her own baby (even though he is 1 year older).  She really keeps him clean.

I want to race through and read all of the back issues so that I can find out the trip went.  Angel and stretch have been very mute on the subject.  She is a little more fiesty and he seems to be worn out.  If anyone knows what they were up to I am anxious to know.  Should I let them go again alone the next time somethings  up.  I hope that I get some ideas of what they might have done by reading the back issues.  The kissing booth I've read about having questioning if it has anything to do with stretches being so worn out.

Well I need to read on so bye for now.

Mary D. (mom to angel and stretch)