[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: Condolences for Delilah

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 22:52:41 EST 2003

Julia,

I wanted to offer my most sincere and deepest regrets on the loss of your
little girl Dililah. There is NEVER EVER a good time to see any of our little
guys cross over the bridge. But there are situations that make that loss even
more difficult. When a little one like Lilac, the weeks old pet shop piggy that
never had a chance at life, passed it was no less than heartbreaking because
she never even knew what love was. Then there are those that live to the fine
age of 8 or 9. We cry long and hard for these very dear friends and even though
we have given them the most wonderful life possible, our hearts are darkened
for the emptiness they leave when they pass over the bridge. For just as a best
friend is missed when they pass away, so are these little ones that have had
a wonderful life but will be ever so missed. Then there are these even sadder,
if that is possible, like Dililah who had a wonderful home and obviously all
the love any guinea pig could ever want by her mother, Julia. In God's
infinite wisdom, he has seen fit to allow this little girl ut a taste of these
wondrous things before taking her in his arms in what seemed to be no more than the
blink of an eye. And though it is terrible to feel that ache in your heart for
her, remember that she is now FREE of pain and I truly think that worse than
loosing a little one is to see him or her suffer. And there are times that
this cannot be helped because just as you love them, they love you and fight to
stay with you as long as possible. Dililah was one such little girl. The love
she had for her mother made her fight and for that you should be proud of her.
She left our world for a much better place where she will never suffer for a
MOMENT more. I place where I believe WE are all discussed at length and breath.
A place where one day we will make them proud when we cross that bridge and
they will tell all their friends, "HERE IS MY MOMMY" or "HERE IS MY DADDY" So
Julia, in Dililah's passing there is one ray of light meant just for you and
that is you will have her waiting for you when God sees fit to allow you across
the bridge and KNOW that she is telling all the little ones on that side of
the bridge how her mother would not let her go without giving her ALL the love
she had. Once again I am sorry for your loss. I know she will live forever in
your heart.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs father