[Gpdd] (Announcement) Re: Pet Store Pigs

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 10:54:38 EST 2003

Julie,
I can only speak for myself, but I would probably
purchase one of the pigs from the not-so-good
petstore. My reasoning behind this is: get at least
ONE pig out of those appalling conditions and give it
a good life, so it doesn't die without ever having
known what love and safety is. As I've mentioned
before in the digest, I got my little Serendipity from
a petstore and she was very sick (almost near death)
and also pregnant. I thought she might die, but I
wasn't going to let her go without a fight. Now, 2
years later, she is a whopping 3 pounds and one of my
most beautiful pigs. Unfortunately, her baby did not
live; she was so small I think it suffocated in the
birth canal.
Ultimately, the choice is yours, as you said, but if
nothing else, at least report the "bad" petstore to
the Better Business Bureau or ASPCA chapter in your
area.
Good luck whatever you decide,
Stacy and the Squee Squad