[Gpdd] Re: (ANNOUNCE] <New Member Nancy

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 14:45:27 EST 2003

Hello Nancy and Welcome

I had two guinea pigs with Diabetes too. One had to
take shots and one was on oral meds. They both went
into remission, which is quite common. Sabrina hasn't
taken any meds for over a year now.
You'll have to watch to see Gwinnie gets tired alot.
She may go into remission and need to be taken off her
meds. I had to take Sabrina in to test her blood to
make sure she was in remission.
They think that Diabetes is a form of a virus in
guinea pigs. That is why they go into remission. My,
Teah, had it and gave it to Sabrina. Does your other
pig drink large amounts of water or lay around a good
bit? I had three at this time and two of them had
Diabetes, so just keep an eye on your other pig.

Dawnda Sticklen

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven