[Gpdd] (Announcement) Re: Pet Store Pigs

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Fri Dec 5 17:37:42 EST 2003

Julie-
I think I'm going to agree with Stacy - I just didn't have a chance to
answer this
earlier.  Yes, my first inclination here was rescue those piggies!
Probably, if it
were me, I would get a piggie or two first, then worry about a cage!  They
could
sit in a box for an hour or two (and might feel safer), while you fix a more
permanent
home.  We started out with a wire cage from the feed store, and I only
recently
built a split-level of the cube sections.  As long as they get out for
exercise on
a regular basis they don't seem to mind. (I got some extra 'cube' sections
that I
use for pens when they're on the floor. I change the layout every so often,
which
is a new adventure for them)
I've thought about rescuing myself, and would certainly want to keep any new
piggies separate from Snowy & CocoPuff to be sure we're safe.
Good luck with your new family! And keep us all posted on how it goes.
Susi and the Okie Piggies
  ~Snowy & CocoPuff