[Gpdd] <MISC> Secret Santa Piggies?

Megan mkat at monad.net
Fri Dec 5 18:13:20 EST 2003

Hi.

When are we going to get the names of who we are going to be secret
santa's for?  I am hoping I didn't miss the email somehow or my spam
filter didn't gobble it up by mistake.

Meggie (the woman with down syndrome who lives with me and is the boy's
offical "mom" and slave), the boys and I are looking forward to
creating a fun secret santa gift to send out to another piggie or
piggies and their slave.

So, I am hoping I didn't miss getting the email and if I did - can you
re-mail me please.  This is going to be really fun for Meggie to both
give and then she doesn't know that she will receive a secret santa
gift as well. So that is going to be a big surprise for her and she
will love that.  Right now, she loves that a lot of mail comes in our
cat's name - Molly.  When I have to use my name to sign up for anything
where they might sell my address, I use Molly - that way I know that I
can ignore the phone calls and the junk mail.  But Meggie thinks that
Molly herself has been making phone calls and going on the internet.
*grin*

If anyone wants you can check out Meggie's piggie page at
http://homepage.mac.com/mollykat/guineapig/

Thanks,
Meg,
the boys Rodney, Zeus and Salem *wheek*,
the 2 cats Molly and Season,
the bunny named Ducky,
the fire-bellied toads,
the big frog,
the mouse Lilo
and the misc. tropical fish.

"I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul
of the giver." - Maya Angelou:

**Please visit this site and pass the address on . . .
http://homepage.mac.com/mollykat/please/helpgirls.html

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you
can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the
people you can, as long as ever you can." -John Wesley

If you could cut and paste the letter below and email it to as many
people as you know - I would really be appreciate it - Thank you so
much!
_________________
Hi.

I know everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays and those of you
who live here in NH are probably preparing for what they are saying is
going to be our first real snow storm of the year.  I am just writing
to ask you to take a little of your time to go to the web site that has
been set up for Amy and Emily.  These are the girls I have cared for
since they were 1 and 3.  They lost their mother to suicide when they
were babies and their father passed away from cancer this July.

They have lost a lot, not only material things.  These pages are going
to stay up past Christmas because they are not intended to just be for
Christmas.  Besides, the girls have birthdays in Jan. (Amy) and Feb.
(Em).  Also, district court has not yet made a custody ruling and it
looks possible that this may even go as far as the NH supreme court.
Which leaves the girls in a sort of limbo.

They are beautiful, wonderful children.  Emily, who is 6 is seemingly
doing ok right now.  Amy, who is 8, is having a rough time.

The web address for the main page of their site is
http://homepage.mac.com/mollykat/please/helpgirls.html

If you would just take a few minutes to visit their site and then if
you would forward this email to everyone in your address book - that
would mean a lot.

Thank you so much,

Meg