[Gpdd] [Health] Solo Pig

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Sun Dec 7 08:01:43 EST 2003

I can certainly relate to your prediciment. Some guinea pigs are fine
separated from their owners for a week. Some aren't.I have had both
kinds. My suggestion is to find a good caregiver will lavish plenty of
attention on Gussie. Phoebe, my solo guinea pig now, is putty in the
hands of anyone who talks to her, feeds her and shows her attention. She
is a fairly independent guinea pig. I had one, Wilbur who stopped eating
when I went away the first time. I do have the feeling that she was fed
but she didn't receive any real attention when I was gone and felt
abadonnned. So not deter you from travelling but she might have been a
severe case.

You could also test a weekend out with a caregiver, and see how it goes.
Getting Gussie used to the new person and location.