[Gpdd] Health: Re: Hantivirus

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 14:01:03 EST 2003

Hello Lori,
I find some information about the disease
"Hantivirus" on the Centers for Disease Control
website...

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hanta/hps/

>From what I could tell, it didn’t seem like
the Hantivirus has been found in the US.
There have been cases of it in South & Central
America.

    Love ‘n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
       Leah…Slave to Brownie Bear :-)

Hi All,

My hubby likes to bring up this subject whenever he
sees an online story about this subject.

We currently have 13 guinea pigs.  He is worried that
one of them will get this "Hantavirus" and then it
give it to one of our kids.  I've told him that this
virus is problem in the southwest, not in the midwest
(Iowa).

Will somebody please set him (or us) straight on this.
 If a vet could respond to this subject that would be
great.

Thanks,

Lori