[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear has bladder stones...

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 09:27:25 EST 2003

Hello Slaves,
I feel so terrible right now because I found
out that last night that Brownie Bear has at
least 4 bladder stones. :-( I went to the new
Vet last night and she took x-rays and did a
urinalysis. And we discovered that she did
have stones afterall. I brought in that extra
x-ray that I had gotten from Brownie's other
Vet and apparently, the quality of the x-ray
wasn't as good as the one from last night. This
new Vet had newer, better equipment and showed
much, much more detail.

Oh, I feel so bad because I should have gotten
a second opinion a long, long time ago. I mean,
you want to Trust your Vet, but I should know
better. Well, actually, in my case, I should have
gotten a 3rd opinion because I'd had x-rays done
at my local Vet, but the local Vets around here
just aren't knowledgable about the Exotic animals.

I could have left Brownie at the Vet last night
and had the surgery done this morning, but I didn't
want to leave my Baby overnight because I was afraid
she would think that I deserted or abandoned her.
So, I'm taking her in for surgery tomorrow morning
(Wednesday) and I'm going to spend the day in
Northern Virginia and then take her home sometime
later that afternoon/evening. I'm probably taking
off the rest of the wheeek from work because I
want to care for my Bear and keep a close eye on
her as she recuperates. As for surgery, she is
getting the bladder stones removed and also
getting spayed. Please keep my Brownie in your
Prayers and keep your fingers and paws crossed.

I appreciate all of the help from everyone from
the Digest. Brownie Bear and I wouldn't know what
to do without ya'll..

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
            Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)