[Gpdd] Health - Tricks for medicating

Liddlepaws at aol.com Liddlepaws at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 16:30:50 EST 2003

I give my little boys chin pellet 'soup' as a treat. I soak them in water as
Michelle described with the pellet crumbs, they love it!

I haven't tried this with medication yet as thankfully all my pigs don't need
any, I wouldn't mix medicene with anything without asking your vet first.

I think it's a good idea to syringe feed your pigs every now and again to get
them used to it if you ever have to do this because they are ill. I never
force my pigs, they always grab the end of the syringe and try to run away with
it!

My guinea pigs love chin pellets, but are they safe as a regular treat? I
mean can I give them chin pellets every day or just every few weeks?

Thanks,
Joey & 3 Little Pigs
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Liddlepaws/Cavy.html">http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Liddlepaws/Cavy.html</A>