[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Peach Pigg at the Bridge

Tex texg at cavyinfo.com
Wed Dec 10 23:00:26 EST 2003

It is with sadness that I report that our Peach Pigg left for the Rainbow
Bridge at 10:30 PM EST, Wednesday December 10. She was about two months
short of her sixth birthday.

She developed renal failure about a week ago; the first signs I did not
see, but by the weekend it was evident she would not be with us very long.

Her beloved adopted babies Piggwheet and Swheetzle stayed with her to the
end, keeping her warm and taking turns staying with her while the other
would munch hay. We decided to let Peach Pigg spend her last moments with
the babies she loved and loved her, surrounded by the smells and sounds of
the other piggies. We were with her seconds before she crossed, and were
able to tell her we loved her.

Less than six years ago she was a little piggie smaller than a hamster,
with ragged ears, sitting in one palm of my hand. She grew into a beautiful
pumpkin-colored piggie; she had some sheltie in her, because her silky hair
was longer than a short-haired piggie's would be. She had a happy life.

She is survived by two very loyal piggies that will miss her more than we
will, as well as the other four members of the herd.

Goodbye, little one.

Tex