[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear's Surgery

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 01:14:35 EST 2003

Hello Slaves,
I just wanted to update ya'll with my Brownie
Bear's condition. She is sleeping right now
and Daddy Slave is watching her in the living
room. Her surgery went well--the Vet removed
her bladder stones and also spayed her. I had
a long day in Northern Virginia (USA), and
while she was in surgery I went to a nearby
city and did a little shopping. I visited a
Petco in Leesburg, Virginia and checked out
the small animal section (because ya know I'm
always on Piggie Patrol) and everything checked
out okay. I even bought Brownie's Secret Piggie a
special gift there. Brownie wanted me to buy her
Secret Piggie something nice. It took me forever to
get home because I took the country roads home
(I wasn't about to get onto I-95 since it was
rush hour and also raining). But, it wasn't too
bad. I just wanted to get my Pig home safe 'n
sound. I was a nervous wreck though because
every time my car hit a bump in the road, I
kept thinking that it was hurting my Brownie
Bear. I just wanted to get her home and let her
rest.

I stayed up last night 'til 2am because I was
so worried about the surgery. I got her extra
cage ready--put the towels in, her food bowl,
and water bottle, and pigloo. And I put a bunch
of "piggie supplies" in Brownie's overnight bag,
so that she would have everything she needed
at the Vet's office.

When Brownie and I got home today, I put her in
her big cage and then filled up her food bowl and
water bottle. And amazingly, she started eating
her pellets right away. I had to leave her with
Daddy Slave for about 1 1/2 hours tonight because I
had to goto my Tap Dance class (we have our Christmas
Recital next wheekend and unfortunately, I couldn't
skip my class). But, before I left, I gave her
some cucumber and she ate it right up. So, I
returned from class and gave her some more
cucumber, but this time she wouldn't eat it unless
I hand fed her every piece (I remove the skin
and the middle-seed part and then dice it up).
I tried to give her some more cucumber about
30 minutes ago, but she didn't want any, so I let
her be.

I have moved into the living room and I have her
cage on top of our cocktail table and I'll be
sleeping in the living room with her for a while
(at least a wheeeeek). Daddy Slave doesn't mind,
plus, he gets the whole bed to himself--he's a
bed hog anyways. :-)

I have pain medication for her called Metacam
and also antibiotics--Baytril. I will start giving
that to her tomorrow. I am a little nervous about
handling her because I don't want to upset her
little body.

Thank You for keeping my Brownie Bear in your
prayers and for the Healing Wheeeeeeks.

I'm sorry to ramble on, but it's after midnight
now and I'm so incredibly worn out from today, and
I need to get some sleep--Zzzzzzzzzzz...

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)