[Gpdd] [health] - takings pigs home after surgery

Liddlepaws at aol.com Liddlepaws at aol.com
Thu Dec 11 14:42:28 EST 2003

Hiya,
My poor GoldyPig has had three operations for two of them he came home the
same day and for the other one I had to wait until the next day.
The vet will only let you take your pig home if s/he is fully recovered from
the anesthetic and is eating. If your vet gives your pig back while he is
still sleepy then never go back to that vet again.
I think guinea pigs are more likely to recover if they are surrounded by a
familiar enviroment, but that is a good point about pain killers though it would
be a good idea to ask your vet about taking some home.
I hope Brownie is okay.

Joey & 3 Little Pigs