[Gpdd] [MISCELLANEOUS] questions otherwise

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Fri Dec 12 13:27:49 EST 2003

Anna-
First of all, I have to agree with you about feeling better after reading
what Joseph (father of
the Boy George the GP) has to offer after announcement of one of our dear
friends gone to
the bridge.  He brings such comfort, amid the tears.
As for who goes to the bridge, I think this is an area where we just have to
have faith ("the
evidence of things unseen") that all these wonderful creatures, piggy,
kitty, cow, etc, must
certainly go to that special place.  Who can even think that these creatures
don't have souls,
perhaps not the same as ours, but certainly similar.  Think of a plant or a
tree or a blade of
grass - those are living, but not the same as our little friends.  If anyone
spends a little time
with an animal, they will soon see that they have personalities and
feelings, some more than
others.
There was once an episode of the Twilight Zone that centered around someone
almost being
tricked by the devil, but he wouldn't go if he couldn't take his dog.  The
message I got from that
story was Heaven (or wherever you believe your afterlife is) would certainly
accept our animal
friends.  That is the test - so if they don't let you take your piggies in,
don't go!
Personally, I believe in salvation and Heaven, and while I believe God
places us above the animals
I don't believe for a minute He would exclude them!
So maybe you can have some peace in our common belief that all our piggies
and other animal
friends will be there waiting for us.  We'll see you there!
Susi and the Okie Piggies
  ~Snowy & CocoPuff
(we also believe in the power of prayer, and we all prayed together for our
friend Brownie Bear)