[Gpdd] health: piggy hernia

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Fri Dec 12 13:39:31 EST 2003

Jenni-
We are so sorry to hear about Beethoven's hernia.  If it is inoperable,
isn't there
maybe something else that might help him?  I know it would be very
difficult, but
don't people with hernias wear something supportive?  I don't know the
circumstances
of course, but I right away thought of something like a sock that would be
snug.  Of
course, this would become a huge challenge to keep in place and keep changed
be clean.  Do you have any gp friends in your area that could pig-sit some?
I think
I would be tempted to take him with me, but that might create other
problems.
If you have to work for very long, and can't run home on breaks, it might be
your best
option for now.
Some of the more experience folks here can surely advise you better,
especially as
to care now.  What about that Critical Care some have suggested?  I'm not
familiar
with it (thank goodness), but it sounds like a very good thing.
In the meantime, we will be praying for you and Beethoven.
Please keep us posted on his progress.
Susi and the Okie Piggies
  ~Snowy & Cocopuff