[Gpdd] [health] squeaking while pooping

Verdana verdana at luzers.cjb.net
Sat Dec 13 07:38:36 EST 2003

Hallo all pig lovers,

First things first: although this is my first email to gpdd, I've been
reading gpdd list for some time now, and I'm so glad that there are so
many people out there who love guinea pigs as much as I do. I've had
piggies for about seven years now, and I had some very happy and some
very sad moments with them. Currently, I have one male piggy, Prase (a
Serbian name for little pig). He will be a year old in January.

He has grown a lot since I got him, and he was healthy until a couple of
weeks ago. Then he started squeaking when he was trying to poop, which
he wouldn't usually do. However, he continued to eat and drink like
always, and I asked some people with piggies what should I do about it,
and they recommended that I mix him some milk and water and give him
that to drink. I did that, but he didn't drink bore than just a couple
of drops. After that he got better for two weeks or so, and now he has
the same problem again, but he squeaks even when he's eating or lying
down, although not constantly. I tried giving him milk and water again,
but he just doesn't want to even get close to it when he smells what it
is. He still acts as his usual self, but he squeaks from time to time
like he never did before. I know he's in pain, but I don't know how to
help him.

If anyone knows what should I do to help him, please reply.

Thanks in advance,

Ivana