[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <Mommy won't feed her baby piggy>

SHELLIE SPRADLIN TWIGGY1 at highland.net
Sat Dec 13 13:02:45 EST 2003

Hi, I have desperately searched for an answer to my problem and hope you can help me. We bought a female guinea pig yesterday and today we woke up to a new addition. Of course we think this is great but I am now having a problem. The mother who is 7 months old has never had a litter and is virtually ignoring her baby. I finally gave up and got the baby out, wiped her off and gave her a little water. How do I care for the baby and what are the chances for her survival? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Shellie Spradlin
BBS Community Manager
Come visit us at:
http://www.pregnancy.org

"There's happiness in little things, There's joy in passing pleasure; But friendships are, from year to year, The best of life's treasures.