[Gpdd] Health - Mites - Help

Pages Teigen piggiemom at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 15:38:56 EST 2003

Dear Fellow GP Digesters:

I know this subject has been probably discussed numerous times before but I
need a refresher on Mites.

How do piggies get them?  Are the trasmittable between piggies?  How many
doses of ivemectin?

My piggie Runtie within the last 2 weeks has been loosing hair in clumps
with dry skin attached at the base of the hair.

Has what looks like a terrible patch of dandruff on his rump.  Sores which
look like he either has pulled his hair out or scratched the area to death.

We thought his cagemate and brother was beating him up so we separated them
into separate cages.  Now the sores we thought were caused by his brother
biting him are really being caused by him biting himself.

I put hydrogen peroxide on the open wounds so they wouldn't get infected.

To pet him, he seems so sensitive to touch!

Thank you for the refresher in mites.

Piggiemom to Babs, Little Joe, Runtie and Carrot Top

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals?  Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com