[Gpdd] [HEALTH] RE: Piggy Hernias

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 21:23:43 EST 2003

Hello Everyone

I have a puppy with a hernia, and the vet told me to
keep pushing it back in. He said that in doing that it
keeps the hole irritated and hopfully it start healing
itself causing the hernia to get smaller and smaller.
I have done this every day for four months now. It
hasn't gotten smaller, but Shasta's is quite big. The
vet said as long as it doesn't get hard or bigger, she
will be Ok. He is going to fix the hernia when he
spays her.
I would gently push it back in, if it comes out. Just
keep a close eye on it and maybe, it will get better.

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven