[Gpdd] Broken tooth

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Tue Dec 16 13:46:43 EST 2003

Courtney,

My Daisy broke one of her top teeth almost a year ago and it has never grown
back.  She eats just fine.  I cut the one left if it gets too long.  She is
six years old and still going strong!

She has some lumps on her body but the vet said they were cysts and not to
worry about them.  They have never gotten infected or caused a problem.

I have never heard of a hernia in a GP either.  It is not listed in
Richardson's Diseases of Domestic Guinea Pigs.

Cathy,

My females used to rumble at each other and even mount each other when they
were younger.  It is a dominance thing.  It sould pass.  The butt draging is
putting their scent down, sort of marking their territory.

Jolanda and Judi,

I am very sorry Harry and Corky have gone to the Bridge.  I am sure all the
piggies already there gave them a warm welcome.

When Daisy has a UTI she will cry when she pees and poops.  Might have your
vet do a urine check.  Also, impaction in a older boar can cause discomfort.

Dee