[Gpdd] HEALTH) Mites or something similar

marykiera at hotmail.com marykiera at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:14:44 EST 2003

Dear All

Happy Holidays

Merry Mites

My meerschweinchen (GP) have mites.  Actually it is not exactly mites.  I took them to the vet this week and they all received injections.  They parasites are small off white things.  I read Peter G's site and I think they are lice.  In my dictionary though it is not the same name that the vet told me from German to English for lice.  Peter recommends Neem oil.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Where exactly did they come from?  I clean the cage almost everyday.  I read a few issues ago about a series of three shots.  Is this correct?  Should I go back next week?  I have inquired at all the petshops about the little white things and they all say the same word.  I have bathed them all, but it does not help.  The invaders just run up around their eyes and head.  Thank you for information.  I am in need.  Oh can we get the lice??  Sorry maybe a dumb question.

Love
Mary, Hanz, Sissy, Franz, and Josephine