FW: [Gpdd] [health] diabetes in pigs

Nancy Tuffli n_tuffli at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 19:23:24 EST 2003

Check out Patricia's website.  Symptoms are on her website and below.  My
piggie drank 16 ounces of water in two days so I took her to the vet.  My
vet said that piggies should drink about an ounce of water per pound of
weight daily.

http://members.shaw.ca/patriciasimon/diabetes.htm

Warning symptoms of diabetes in Guinea Pigs
The most common symptoms noticed by guinea pig owners are:

- rapid formation of cataracts

- chronic wet bottom

- frequent urinary tract infections (UTI)

Other symptoms may include:

- excessive thirst

- excessive urination

- weight loss in spite of healthy appetite