[Gpdd] Announcement: Take Your Piggie to Work Day

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Thu Dec 18 11:52:13 EST 2003

Hi Y'all-
Just wondered if you were aware that this is "Take Your Piggie to Work Day".
Well, it is now!  Having suffered with a plumbing problem at home for 3 wks
now (specifically, no hot water!), I was anxious for the plumber to do
whatever
he had to do to fix it.  Unfortunately, that involves tearing up floor
and/or walls
to replace broken pipes.  Right past the Piggie Condo!  I had to move all
the
furniture in the area (whew!), and decided even moving the piggies to
another
room and closing the door, they might be terrified by the noise of the
jackhammer.
Not to mention strange voices.  So I packed them up and brought them with
me,
to share my tiny office.  They've been wanting to come for quite a while,
and
my co-workers have been begging to see them.  I'm afraid they've been quite
the distraction, but are certainly enjoying all the attention.  I just
brought along
some of the cube grids and a rubbermaid lid for the floor, added newspaper
and
bedding and presto! instant cage!  I set their carrier at the side, so they
can
run in and out of it.  They have plenty of food and water, so of course
they're
happey.  They just didn't get to watch Big Bird this morning.  But they are
the star attraction at the birthday celebration!
So mark this date on your calendars -
Susi and the Okie Piggies
  ~Snowy & CocoPuff