[Gpdd] [RESCUE] re: Who Should I Put In My Will?

Renee Roszkowski rrgallop44 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 18 12:56:17 EST 2003

I think about what will happen to my pets if something happens to me. I
have made some statements to my family members, but have not written a
will or anything. I got 2 of my piggies from The Critter Corral in
Illinois (a guinea pig rescue). Part of the adoption requirement in the
adoption contract is that if there is ever any reason that I can't keep
them, the piggies are supposed to be surrendered back to the Critter
Corral. I know the owner and I'm sure if something came up or happened
to me I'm sure she would accept my third piggie as well. I am married
and my husband likes the animals (although not as much as I do). I think
he would probably keep them if something happened to me. My in-laws like
my pets too, so I know they would do the best they could for them if
something happened to me and my husband. I do worry about stuff like
that though. I think it is important to think about such things. We are
responsible for the care and well being of our pets, even if something
happens to us. There are rescue agencies for many types of pets. I would
try to find a person I know who would keep the animals if something were
to happen. The ultimate thing to do would be to draw up a will, but it
is also important to speak to family and friends about the issue, even
if they think it is silly.

Renee, Mary and Molly, Patches, Kate and Dora the ratties, and Flash the
Basset Hound