[Gpdd] Rescue-Holiday Wishes

Zoo357 at aol.com Zoo357 at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 13:29:20 EST 2003

With the Holiday season approaching I would like to wish everyone a Happy
Holiday. I would also like to remind everyone that Guinea Pig Rescues are always
grateful for the donations they receive.
This week we received a phone call from a shelter near Chicago that had
gotten 5 piggies in. These poor little skinny piggies had been left in a box in
front of an abandoned building. The shelter figured they had been there at least
24 hours as the box was soaked with urine. All these little piggies are very
thin and most will probably have some damage done to their ears as they are
frostbitten. Presently we have no URI's and we are keeping our paws crossed that
it doesn't happen. I can say that because of the donations we receive over the
year we are able to take in piggies like this and get them on the road to
recovery and find them new homes where they will be loved. This is what we,
rescuers, are all about.
Hug you piggies this Holiday season!
Rose Pooler
www.crittercorral.org