[Gpdd] (Health) Re: Change in eating habits

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 14:33:13 EST 2003

Brad,
If Silent Bob is eating his pellets and still drinking
water, he should be okay. If he's a youngish pig it
could be he's just having a change in his food
preferences. How about carrots-does he like those?
My pig Serendipity LOVES them, and I've come to know
that when she does not want her carrots, something is
DEFINITELY wrong.
About excess water drinking: I have two pigs who drink
like there's no tomorrow. They have been checked and
are in good health, so it's just that they drink a
little more water than my other pigs; and sometimes I
catch them just playing with the water bottle :>) It's
fairly normal, however, if you notice a sudden change
in drinking habits (a sipper who suddenly starts
guzzling water or one that stops drinking altogether)
it's time to see a vet. Too much water consumption all
of a sudden could indicate diabetes, and too little
can indicate some other illness.
Hope this helps,
Stacy and the Squee Squad