[Gpdd] health-not eating enough

SCOTT BILOT pinwiz at prodigy.net
Sun Dec 21 15:10:46 EST 2003

We have had 2  eight week old pigs come to us.  Both were very differnet in appetites.  The last one we got about 4 days ago eats like a horse.  She just can't get enough.  Holly is very hungry.  Muffy came to us she ate very little, but was active.  She drank a lot of water.  We supplement all our piggies vit. C.  We use a small syringe and give it to them in tap water.  The little ones get it in small amounts.  I know we don't have to do this, but I like to know that they are getting enough.  We also have a litter of 4 two weeks old.  Each one eats differently.  If you are concerned call where you got it or take it to a vet for a checkup.  My guess if it is active and acting right, then i wouldn't worry unless you see abnormal behavior or stool droppings.  It may just take some time to adjust to the new routine. Try  some watermelon as a special treat  with the rind.                                Hope that helps.                  The bilots