[Gpdd] [CARE] Bedhead and Zorro

LaurieJean gombar sillyca at maine.rr.com
Sun Dec 21 18:23:29 EST 2003

Pam...

I don't know what your setup is... But I suggest you have them meet up
seperately (like an extended playtime)... I would definitely super clean
both cages, so either one you use if you stick with what you have, has
no more scent of one than the other. You could make a new cage to
accommodate them both... I made a 17in by 6ft run out of plywood, 1x6's
and closet shelving (the white wire coated kind). I made it into its own
table by putting it on premade table legs, you could use 2x4's. There
are lots of different set ups...

If you could alter the 2 you have to make them open up to each other
that might work as well.

Or you could use a baby pool and keep them in there for a few days
together... While cleaning the other 2 cages, making them "forget" who's
cage was who's... And then put them in one of the old ones.

You have many options. If they have spent a lot of freetime together, I
think you have less worries than some other slaves have gone through
with putting their piggers together. LJ

I'm concerned about how to reintroduce them. Even though both piggies
have

spent almost every moment on their bricks up against the bars to be
closer

together, it has been 5-1/2 months since they've shared a cage for any
length of

time. They were allowed run time together, but were watched every second
and

immediately separated if Bedhead tried to get up behind Zorro.

I don't think I should just dump him into her cage and leave them to
their

own devices. Are females territorial? I think she's as desperate to be
with

him as she's the more timid of the two. Any suggestions?

Pam Hartzell