[Gpdd] Health, mites

Pages Teigen piggiemom at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 22:44:40 EST 2003

Dear Fellow GP Digesters,

Thank you for all your help regarding mites.  I took Runtie to the vet last
Wednesday and I was in luck that day because there were two vets there who
specialized in GP's.  Poor Runtie was loosing more hair than I even saw.

She (the vet) did a skin scaping.  She said she saw some lice to.  I don't
know where he picked that up from cause we have had them (Runtie and his
brother Carrot Top) since August and they haven't been in contact with
anybody or piggie else.

She did a shot of ivemectin and some batril for the scratched and scabbed
places.

Runtie takes his batril twice a day and is more spunkie now.  He is still
losing his fur but seem much better.  His wounds are nicely healing.  I am
going back after the holidays for a second round of ivemectin shot.

Again thank you for all your help!

Pages, piggiemom to Runtie, Carrot Top, Little Joe and Babs