[Gpdd] Rescue: Connecticut adoptions available

Pua Ford pua4d at netscape.net
Tue Dec 23 13:59:14 EST 2003

In Woodbridge, CT, near the New Haven border, just off the Merritt Parkway's exit 59, is the District Animal Control shelter.  Three young male guinea pigs were dropped off there anonymously two weeks ago.  They seem healthy and lively and are being well cared for, but they do need a real home.  The phone # at the shelter is 203-389-5991; people there are friendly even when busy.

All are short-haired.  The boldest and most human-friendly is black with some brown on the belly and around the eyes.  Another is white with pink eyes.  The third is brindled white-gray with a black, white-striped face--almost like a badger's.  Two weeks ago they were all the same size, but now the white is largest and the gray looks runty.  There's only room for one cage, and my guess is the gray loses out in competing for food.  I'd take him home if I thought I could get away with bringing in one more.  But I hope someone else will be able to.

Best wishes to all of you in these winter holidays
from pua, Chelsea & Nutmeg Nutmegger

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.