[Gpdd] Health: re: Piggie Sludge

Renee Roszkowski rrgallop44 at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 23 18:45:08 EST 2003

I just had to take my Mary in to the vet for blood in her urine. I was
worried it was stones because she and her sibling also leave a chalky
residue that hardens and is difficult to remove, after urinating. We did
a urinalysis and x-rays. Luckily, no stones or crystals. I asked about
the sludgy urine. The vet said that guinea pigs and rabbits can produce
this and it is not necessarily calcium deposits. In my piggie's case, it
is most likely just leftover miscellaneous stuff (the best way I can
explain it) like proteins and such. Every piggie's situation is
different. I thought that sludge was automatically calcium deposits, but
apparently it can be other things. I would talk to the vet to be sure. I
hope this helps.

Renee, Mary and Molly, Patches, Kate and Dora, Flash

Renee Roszkowski
Independant Beauty Consultant
www.marykay.com/ReneeRoszkowski