[Gpdd] [SILLY] Santa Pig

Pam Mitchell phm251 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 24 10:35:24 EST 2003

Well, it’s Christmas Eve here in the States with Christmas already in some
parts of the world. Here in the States, with the Terrorist Alert at Orange
(high), my piggers are VERY worried that Santa Pig will not be able to fly
in to bring them their presents! So, as a good mommie should, I did a bit of
research to alleviate their fears.
Many of you may not know that for years now, NORAD (North American Aerospace
Defense Command) has been tracking Santa Claus’ and Santa Pig’s journey on
Christmas Eve as part of their air alert watch of North American airspace.
This year is no different. What follows is the news story I found at United
Press International:

North American Aerospace Defense Command, lately burdened with the grim
orders to shoot down hijacked civilian airliners, is returning to a more
welcome job: tracking Santa Claus (and Santa Pig!) via radar.
United Press International reported today that the annual tradition kicked
off when the Cheyenne Mountain, Colo., base received this e-mail from Santa:

"I realize how busy you have been lately, but would you kindly track me
again this year. I find it so convenient because the children (and piggies)
know they have to go to sleep before I arrive."

NORAD agreed, and Santa e-mailed another request - and a wise one, given the
new rules of engagement for suspicious flights over New York City and
Washington.

"I'd really like to link up with your NORAD fighters when I get to New York
and Washington, D.C. I'd like a chance to fly together with them for a
while," the jolly old elf wrote.
He also asked for a Canadian fighter escort to Reindeer Lake in northern
Manitoba.
NORAD, despite its busy docket flying constant combat air patrols over New
York and Washington, agreed.

"No problem, Santa. As our radar picks you up as you approach those cities
or regions, we'll radio our pilots to tell them you are coming to town."

Santa and Santa Pig’s flight can be tracked at www.noradsanta.org on
Christmas Eve.

So, no worries piggies! Santa Pig is on his way bringing love and toys and
snacks to all good piggies around the world.

May you and yours have a wonderful, peaceful Holiday season  – everywhere in
the world!
Pam
Mom to Bailey, Stuart, Taz and Patches (who can’t WAIT ‘til Santa Pig
arrives!)