[Gpdd] [HEALTH] -Parasites

Paul Versaw pversaw at ihcc.org
Fri Dec 26 17:52:55 EST 2003

We have heard that some parasites ride on the Timothy hay - so we have
resorted to leaving it outside in the freezing cold. and bringing in only a
basketful at a time.  anyone else heard that.

The fur mites if that is what they are - were so small the vet couldn't see
them.  Could see and feel a kind of scab but that is all.
Extended treatment with shots of invermectin did not work.

Recently heard about using neem oil to control external parasites.
Anyone else trying neem oil?

A big Purrrrrrrrrrrrr to all the eligible sows from Gandolf our Peruvian
boar.