[Gpdd] (Announcement) Re: McTavish

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 12:39:33 EST 2003

Siobhan,
I am so sorry to hear of your little McTavish's
passing. The way he went sounds similar to my little
Felix's passing (he was a little under 2 yrs old).
Felix started breathing heavy and I took him to the
vet's, but she said his lungs and heart sounded fine
and gave me some meds for him. He seemed to get
better, and then I had to leave Hawaii to go to a
school that the Navy was sending me to. I left him in
the care of a very dependable friend. Then in April of
this year, she called to say that Felix had died-he
just passed away suddenly. I think it was probably a
heart attack or maybe congestive heart failure. I now
wish I had pursued it a little more and maybe pressed
for some x-rays or something. It's easy to say that in
hindsight, and maybe heroic measures wouldn't have
changed anything and perhaps might have caused him
undue suffering. I don't know.
What I do know is that these adorable creatures have a
profound impact on our lives and, in fact, become a
part of our families. A loss, especially a sudden one,
is felt as much as if we had lost a family member or
friend. My condolences go out to you and McVitie, and
healing wheeks from my gang here in Maryland.

Stacy and the Squee Squad (Gizmo, Max, Serendipity,
Maxine, Teddy, Oscar and Williepig)
Rembering always Cosmo, Gita and Felix