[Gpdd] MISC I just got a cat for christmas, help me!

BunsnPigs at aol.com BunsnPigs at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 14:57:59 EST 2003

I totally agree with Selena, and actually, many many vets will not declaw a
cat without some very good reasons nowadays.

Aside from that, here is a good article about bonding bunnies to cats, and it
really does apply. I know lots of people with cats (and dogs and birdies and
you-name-it) who have had great relationships develop between their cats and
guinea pigs. Now is a great time to introduce them, too, since many kittens
grow to love piggies as they get older. A dear friend of mine got 2 kittens and
one of them grew to be 20 pounds! But guess what? He thought that piggy was his
baby and would groom him and hug him and protect him from any strangers. It
was sooooo sweet. They would sleep together, too.

By the way, cats love hay. haha.

Here is the article. Just adapt to fit.. it works:

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/2-11/cats-and-rabbits.html

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
Springfield, VA
http://www.mgpr.org

Educator-in-Training, House Rabbit Society
MD/DC/NoVA Chapter
http://www.rabbitsinthehouse.org