[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE]Welcome Petunia!

judith sharamitaro shim1990 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 17:00:31 EST 2003

Happy holidays to everyone, and my sincerest condolences to all who have had a friend cross the bridge.  I'm so grateful to everyone who sent kind words after my sweet Corky crossed!  It meant the world to have so many kind people acknowledge the importance of her life.  If you have just said goodbye to a dear one, try and concentrate on all the good times you've had...it helps me.  And as George's wonderful dad has reminded us, enjoy every day with your piggies and take none for granted!!!
I am pleased to announce the arrival of our newest baby, Petunia.  Porky (and I) were lost without Corky, so we couldn't resist the opportunity to bring Petunia home when it fell into our laps.  (Long story, but the short version is that I believe my Corky had a hand in getting Petunia to us....)  Petunia has been through quarentine and a vet check.  She and Ms Porky are slowly getting acquainted....but you should hear the chattering!!!!  I have no doubt they'll be the best of chums in a week or so.  Petunia has a wonderful personality, though she has a bit of the "survivor" air about her, given that her first 3 months weren't too pleasant.  That's okay, folks, the spoiling of Petunia has begun in full vigor!  I expect her to be commanding me shortly.  She has already gone from not knowing what a leaf of romaine is, to wheeking at the celophane sound as I unwrap it. Clever piggie!!!
                                          Judi, Porky, Petunia, and the rest of the menagerie