[Gpdd] <HEALTH> Lenny's eye

Pablo Llopez pllopez at attglobal.net
Sun Dec 28 12:47:55 EST 2003

I am sorry to hear about Lenny's eye, but I think the Chloramphenicol
(Vetrachloracin) will really work, as it just seems to be doing with my
Poricos'eye. It was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago by the vet with
Hyperplastic Conjuntiva. It is a condition where the inner side of the
eyelid protrudes out on the eye, at this point for an unknown cause. Peter
Gurney's encyclopedia calls it Fatty Eye (thanks to Dwanda Strickle for
giving me this info), and it does not require treatment since it does not
cause any pain.
But I decided to go ahead with the vet's prescribed treatment, and I am
happy to announce that the inner eyelid is receding back into position!!
Although I realize Lenny's eye condition is more serious, I am confident
the Chloramphenicol will work well.

Poricos, Pelut and Pablo.