[Gpdd] CARE - Bedhead and Zorro

Louise August laugust at umich.edu
Mon Dec 29 13:19:40 EST 2003

I'm so behind in reading! By now you've probably decided what to do and
done it, but here's our two cents' worth anyway.

I tried this successfully when I was re-introducing Phin-piggy to his
family following his recuperation and quarantine after neutering. I'd take
everyone out for playtime to the pig-park and watch very carefully. When it
was time to go home, I purposely put them back into the "wrong" cage. This
way each got used to the smell of the others without them being present  -
therefore no opportunity for naughty, anti-social behavior. After a couple
of switcheroos and visits to the park without any bad behavior, I put
everyone together in the cage and again watched very carefully. Nothing
much happened - only a little bum-sniffing, pushing, and chasing, which
they pretty much do all the time anyway.

So, either my ploy worked or there was no need for all that bother in the
first place. I'll never know now, but I wanted to be extra careful.

Love from all of us,
Louise and her masters, Phineas, Delilah, Hillary, Pandora, Mostly,
Neville, and Mr. Norman, the rat.