[Gpdd] Re: Health; Peter Gurney's book

James & Margaret Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Tue Dec 30 21:39:09 EST 2003

Best wishes to everyone during this holiday season.

For several years I have been reading about Peter Gurney's book(s).  Can
someone please enlighten me a little bit.  I want to purchase the book;
but are there several different ones?  Is one better than another?  Do
they come in a set like encyclopedias?  Where is a good place to purchase
his book(s)?

My first piggie (Koko) is still with me.  He has good days and bad days.
I wrote about him  on the GPDD a few months ago.  He is neutered and
about five years old.  For the last year or so he has steadily lost
weight and now he is exceptionally thin but still eats well and has
normal bowel movements and normal feces.  I took him to a vet who
specializes in "pocket pets" and she could find nothing wrong with him.

Contrary to some opinions that I have read here on the GPDD I give Koko
about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of plain yogurt every afternoon and he loves it!  It
is the highlight of his day.  After eating he seems to perk up and be his
ol' self.  I have not noticed any adverse affects because of him eating
the yogurt.  At his age I guess I will continue as long as it seems to
help him and control his weight loss.

Maybe if I can find Peter Gurney's book I can find out more about why
Koko has this problem with weight loss.

Jim........Koko, Abby, Sassy Suzy, Speedy, and Ginger