[Gpdd] Health - allergies/air purifier

Linda Sánchez veronica.ann at verizon.net
Sun Nov 2 14:49:44 EST 2003

Hi to all Pigs and People,

In answer to your questions, I have been using a Holmes Family Care brand
air purifier. I got it at Big Lots which is a store that stocks discontinued
items cheap. It only cost $30 although comparable ones at Walmart or Target
are around 45-60. I bought it in September. I was going to hold out for the
October Consumer Reports air purifier issue, but I saw this one and it was
so inexpensive that I decided to give it a try. I am really satisfied with
it. It's an outdated model but it uses replacement filters that are still on
the market.  It says it's good for a 10-12 foot room, and it does work well
in my bedroom. I originally tried it in the room where the pigs live, but I
did not notice any difference. I think it's because that room is much much
bigger. As I have mentioned, having the air purifier in the bedroom has
virtually eliminated my wheezing and coughing at night and in the morning.
Of course, during the day I must still avoid kissing my pigs and any contact
with the neck and face (boo hoo).And of course, the pigs are never allowed
in the bedroom.  These measures have made a significant improvement in my
allergic reaction to my pigs.  Hope that helps.
Peace,
Linda