[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Uterine bleeding or estrous?

seth at horusandseth.com seth at horusandseth.com
Sun Nov 2 19:42:37 EST 2003

I had quite a scare today as my pigger Gallant was spotting blood from her
personal area.  Yes, I did take her to the vet (within an hour), and the
ultrasound seems to indicate no tumors or cysts or bladder stones.  Now we are
taking banana-flavored Baytril (which she likes better than real bananas.)
But, the question remains, what is causing this?  How should I treat it?  I
know there has been a debate about whether pigs go into estrous before.  I
think she's a bit late in life (4 years old) to start this, but a bit early
for cysts.  I felt better today as we eliminated possibilities, so if you
could help expand my range of possible ailments, I would be glad.

Micah Ross