[Gpdd] CARE - Fearful piggies

mdstretch mdstretch at toltbbs.com
Sun Nov 2 22:52:06 EST 2003

Hi Alge.  I've tried finding these snuggy bags that I keep hearing about but
have not been able to find one yet.  I would love to get one that will hold
both angel and stretch and figure a way to carry them while pushing my
wheelchair.  That would be great in warm weather because I live across
Swancreek Metro park in Toledo, Ohio and would love to take them with me to
the park on warm days.

As for not swooping over their heads when reaching in their home to pick
them or even just to pet them I found that if I let them check out my hands
first and then come along beside them it works best.  Angel took almost 2
years before I got the brains working enough to try that.  She now lets me
reach in and pet her.  YeeeeaaaaaaH!!!!!!!

I also had a treat today at church.  We have a couple at church that gives
announcements for upcoming events and they get creative with them so that we
remember them.  Today they used a toy stuffed piggie.  They gave it to me
afterwards.  The anouncement was for a women's conference and her husband
came up to  pretend to sign up and used the piggie as a hat.  I told her the
next time let me know ahead.  They could have had him come up to sign
her(the piggie) up for the conference.  That would have been so cool.

Happy Wheeeeeeks to all.
Mary D. (mom to angel and stretch)

PS: "MOM!! You forgot to tell Pam where to pick  us up for the trip.  We
live in Toledo, Ohio and we want to meet the other piggies coming from our
area!!!

Angel and stretch  (she's so forgetful sometimes!)