[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Air Cleaners

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 03:23:13 EST 2003

Hello,

    I seem to be showing up here a lot lately. Only wanted to add that those
of you needing an air purifier should look for those with HEPA filters. I have
forgotten what the acronym stands for, but the term is now widely used. Mine
used a round HEPA filter, tho earlier on I had one that was smaller and used a
flat HEPA filter. Both of these also had charcoal filters in front of the
HEPA filters and it is necessary to clean them with a Dirt Devil type hand
sweeper or a vacuum attachment. I've even used new paint brushes to whisk the dust,
etc. away. Whatever you have that works. But they do need to be kept clean.
     The 17th of this month begins my lung transplant evaluation.(gulp) I
notice that the questionnaire asks about "pets." I have the feeling that my three
piggies and the kitty may be an issue.
    If it's a serious problem I guess I can forlornly explain that they're
going to be going to the west coast. I won't mention that they'll be going via
Pig Charter Service and will return home full of  stories and new energies
after their festivities. ;)

Alge