[Gpdd] miscellaneous--fire safety

Leila Baldridge keegsmom at cablelynx.com
Tue Nov 4 13:42:23 EST 2003

Thanks Joseph for your good advice on fire safety and our pets.  Since I
have always been terrified of fires and the possibility of losing my pets in
a fire, I have done some planning ( that I certainly hope I never have to
use).  My 4 girls live in a large C &C cage which is in a room with a door
to the outside.  I keep their hay in a large deep-sided plastic box next to
the cage.  In the event of fire my plan is to dump out the hay, grab the
girls and put them in the box and crawl out pushing or pulling the box. I
know this would not be a fool proof solution but it makes me feel better
that at least I have given it some thought and made a plan.  And especially
this time of year when we are turning our heat back on  we all need to make
sure smoke alarms are are working--this could give us the time we need to
save both our pets and ourselves.
One more thing--I have  enjoyed Joseph Petrillo's posts  for some time now
and I just have to say--Joseph , you must be a really great guy to be such a
kind father to George ! If only all piggies could be so lucky !
Leila and the 4 little pigs