[Gpdd] [Health -- Update on bleeding.]

seth at horusandseth.com seth at horusandseth.com
Thu Nov 6 13:43:53 EST 2003

I always worry about piggs when they get sick and no one updates.
Gallant, who was spotting blood heavily from her personal end, seems to be
improving.  I had to use the emergency vet when I took her in.  They looked for
cysts, tumors and bladder stones.  Nothing showed up.  They prescribed some
Baytril in case the bleeding was from an infection of some sorts.  Well, after
taking the Baytril, the blood flow slowed.  Two days later, only scabrous
clotted blood remained.  Now, she seems to be better -- two days, blood free.
Her spirits still seem high.  If the blood returns, I will take her to her
regular vet and see about a hysterectomy.  Thank you to all who supported me,
may your good wishes be returned.