[Gpdd] [SILLY] Preparations for the End of Poo Trail trip and celebration

Sandra Oliver-Poore oliverpoore at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 6 09:23:49 EST 2003

Hello Every one and Every pig

Well, here it is 3:45 am and I have only been able to sleep in fits and
starts.  I have a miserable cold and sinus headaches to go along with an
unusual bout of arthritis in my knee.  So I realize I didn't read today's
GPDD so I drag myself into the living room and HOLY Penny Giggles!!!  what a
huge noise as I open the door. ENORMOUS WHEEKING AND Furious SCURRYING
ABOUT.  GP's everywhere, turns out Wild Wooley Willey has called a meeting
of all the Penny Giggles to finish preparations for the upcoming flight to
Seattle and beach trip for the Laying of the last POO!  Willey is a very
organized piggy and its a good thing, I am a horrible procrastinator and
without Willey whee never would get it together.

He has thought of many details that just escape me.  He assigned every pig
to a committee.  Here's the breakdown.

WWWilley, Grand Poo-Bah and his new wife Penny Pig, Head Sow (He and Lilly
Pig split up after a trial marriage, she was just too bossy and hogs all the
food.

Packing and Cargo: Sony and Guy,  Remember, 2 carryons per pig.  Each Penny
Giggle will have a large backpack with rolled up Cavy Pouch and water
bottle. Separate compartments for clothing and lunches. Cargo to include
three party tents and a stage and sound equip. Field hospital. per below.
One ton of pine bedding and grass hay.  Shovels and pushbrooms for cleanup.
BobBob's cameras and booth. Massage and fortune telling booths

Provisioning: Pavel and Patsy Pig (WWW had to fire Lilly from this
committee, she ate everything and they had to start over.) Water bottles and
farm vegetables sufficient for entire plane both ways. Oxbow Cavy Cuisine,
50 lb bags, must be ordered in advance.  Some sent ahead, 2 bags for
in-flight meals.

Entertainment: both in-flight and beach side:  The Dancie Pigs and Marmalade
(quite the diva!)  Their Karaoke machine will take the place of one carryon
for this group and they will have 2 checked trunks with their costumes,
makeup, etc. Dottie will run a fortunetelling booth, and Danielle will have
a massage booth.Roving clowns and balloon vendors at event

Health and Safety:  Gooters and Patsy Pig  In flight medical kits including
Piggy Potions, a handy book by  Peter Gurney. Cranberry juice, Critical
Care, Vit C tabs. Baytril, Ivermectin and Frontline. Yogurt and feeding
syringes. Toenail clippers, portable defibrillator,  Stockings and splints,
pain meds.  IV's and field surgical unit (1 only)  Portable cots, stretchers
and bedding. Extra fire extinguishers and portable smoke alarms for tents.
Small Hazmat setup including moonman suits isolation unit.

Hospitality and thank you gifts: Lilly and Anna  Large bouquets for Rod and
Pam of Pigair.  Penny Giggle poo souvenirs from the farm.  They decided  to
wrap these in cabbage leaves and tie with sweet pea vines. Calendulas and
violets tucked into each bow.

Historian and Communications  Peebeep and BobBob, they will share a laptop
and be responsible for publishing a scrapbook chronicling  the entire event
and list of all Poo trail participants. BobBob will be official photographer
and will carry on his set up. He will also set up a booth at the event for
souvenir photos either in fancy dress or period costumes. Assorted Frames
and folders available optionally. Orders may be placed at the booth, or by
email after the event. Discount for pre-payment. Each committee head to
carry a cellphone.

Treasury: Boar-is and Eye-Rene  Airfare including usurious taxes and 9/11
surcharges, Vouchers for Airfare and ground transportation. Spending money
for each Penny Giggle, emergency cash. Arrange financing for big expenses.

Transportation and Liaison: Square-ED Limo to Portland and back Cargo
carried on ground by Homes. Ed will wear a tuxedo to the event

Beauty, Bathing, Hairstyles: Danielle, Feebeep, Pinkie  Every pig to have a
total make over at a special spa day prior to trip. Booth at event for
emergencies

Security: Peter Pig  (quite burly and surly) Will supervise pre board
security operations. Will also provide security at the Dancie Pigs and
Marmalade's Concert. No slam dancing, mosh pit, or stage diving will be
tolerated. Peter will co-ordinate with Air Marshals

As you can see, its all quite complicated, and there really is a shortage of
Penny Giggles to get all these positions fully staffed. Volunteers are
encourage. Email WWW c/o the GPDD
We welcome suggestions for anything we may have overlooked.