[Gpdd] HEALTH] Beetroot leaves and ovarian cysts

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 20:20:24 EST 2003

Hello Beki

My guinea pig Tasha had ovarian cysts. I thought she
was too old to have surgery, so I was just watching
her too. She had to be put down this month for her
digestive system shutting down.
She would lay down and sleep alot. She was grumpy
towards me or other pigs if we dared disturbed her
when she was sleeping.(even if a pig walked by her too
close) She would tell them off or come out from ther
towel and give them a nip. She was always a fiesty
pig.
She lost her hair down both sides several times and
stayed in heat a lot of the time. Her hormones was all
messed up. She had some spot bleeding right before she
would come in heat. A hysterectomy is the only cure,
but we always take a chance on them dying in surgery.
Tasha was over 5 years old, so I knew she wouldn't
make it. There are many that do have surgery that do
live through it.
You know how your guinea pig usually acts. When she
stops acting like herself, you will know that she is
in pain or not feeling well. They sleep more, run
around less, and eat less when they are feeling pain.

Dawnda Stricklen

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven